- Visibility Range: 4 km to 20 meters
- Outputs: 0-5V DC and RS232
- Response Time: 30 Seconds
- Warmup Time: 1 Minute
- Temperature Range: -20 to +50°C
- Wavelength: 850nm
- Optical Output Power: 3 mV IR LED (eye safe)
- Current Requirements: <50mA @ 12V DC
- Power Requirements: 8 to 14V DC
- Housing: Anodized Aluminum
- Dimensions: 68 x 45 x 34 mm @ 170g
The MiniOFS is designed for visbility monitoring, specfically fog detection, by looking at miniture particles about 25 cm infront of the sensor. These particles, typically microscopic water which constitues fog, however they may also be snow, rain or air polutants. The sum of which can inhibit visibility which can cause dangerous driving conditions.
The internal microprocessor calculates the visibility and outputs the data in a simple RS232 format or a linear voltage output allowing easy connection to multiple monitoring systems, data loggers and data acquisition equipment.