The Fieldlogger has had both updates to its configuration software and firmware, its a free upgrade and can be downloaded from www.fieldlogger.net.
The updates include...
- When downloading data via FTP (FieldLogger as a client), there is an option for receiving the file directly in the CSV format. Besides that, this kind of download allows data to be deleted after the download process is done (valid only when logging in an SD card).
- FieldLogger can now connect to a server in the cloud, allowing access to its data from anywhere at any time.
- It now has the possibility to protect its configuration and logged data by passwords.
- New “Modbus over TCP” protocol option, besides the existing “Modbus TCP” one.
- Capability of remote channels decimal places assignment, not needing the creation of virtual channels for dividing by “10” (or “100”, or “1000”) anymore.
- New data export formats and more configuration options for the exports are available. A few bugs and limitations were corrected, like (example) the incapability of exporting a XLS file with more than 65535 rows.
- Report generation was improved! There are now three available report layouts: “chart + maximums and minimums”, “chart + data table” and “bar graph + averages”. Besides that, initial and final time stamps are informed on the report.
- There are better criteria to show the “Force loggings restart” check box, at the moment of sending the configuration to the equipment. Default option now is “checked” (forcing the restart of the loggings).
- Virtual channels have two more operations: processing two remote channels (16-bit) into a floating number (32-bit) or into an integer (also 32-bit), but swapping the “high” and “low” bytes of the original registers. This can turn the readings compatible to some equipment that work with a byte order (endianness) different from the one expected by FieldLogger.