The USB-i485 module is a cost-effective way to convert RS485 or RS422 industrial buses to a USB interface. When connected to a PC USB port the USB-i485 module is automatically detected and is installed as a native COM port which is compatible with any existing serial communication application.
Muliple modules can be installed when using USB hubs thus allowing a hassle-free configuration of a multi serial system without any IRQ or DMA configuration.
1500 Vdc isolation between the USB port and RS485/RS422 protects the PC from spykes or possible misconnections in the communication bus.
The USB-i485 converter can be configured for four-wire (Full Duplex) RS422 and RS485 or two-wire (Half Duplex) networks. When operating in two-wire RS485 the data transfer control is automatically done by the converter.
Two independent and isolated RS485 networks can be supported by one USB-i485 module thus duplicating the possible number of remote devices.
- Computer interface: USB V1.1 Plug and Play
- Operational system virtual serial port driver
- Supports Windows 7/Vista/XP/2008Server/2003Server/98/ME/2000/CE, MAC and Linux 2.4.20 or above. 64 bit options for latest operating systems.
- Field Interfaces: RS485 Half Duplex (dual buses), RS485 Full Duplex or RS422
- Jumper selected RS485 / RS422
- Automatic flow control for RS485 Half Duplex
- 120 Ohms internal resistors termination enabled by jumpers
- Transmission rate: from 300 bps to 250 kbps
- MaximumRS485/RS422 cable length: 1200 m
- Maximum number of devices in the RS485 network
- Half Duplex: 2 x 32 devices
- Full Duplex: 32 devices
- Data transmission and reception LED indicators
- Power: from the USB port
- Consumption: <100 mA
- Isolation: 1500 Vdc from USB interface and the RS485/RS422 interface
- RS485/422 bus protection: ±60 Vdc, 15 kV ESD
- USB connection: Mini-B connector
- A 1.5 m cable with plugs mini-B and A is provided with the module
- RS485/422 connector: screw terminal type accepting 1.5 mm² (16 AWG) wires
- ABS enclosure: 70 x 60 x 18 mm
- Operating environment: 0 to 70°C, 10 to 90% relative humidity, non-condensing